Home Energy Audit in Huntersville NC by Hands4Hire
20823 N. Main Street, Suite 101
Corneliuse, North Carolina
|Hours of Operation:||
Certified Home Energy Auditors
Hands4Hire Energy Efficent Evaluations and Repairs
Hands4Hire is a proud BPI (Building Performance Institute) certified home energy auditor and has partnered with Building Energy Pros to focus on improving homes using the latest weatherization technology and improvements. We are qualified to perform comprehensive home energy consultations using diagnostic equipment that will quantify and verify your home's energy health. We can then perform the weatherization improvements and verify the improvements that we make.
Our #1 goal is to help you save money on your home energy bills.
The Low Hanging Fruit of Weatherization
1. Sealing the gaps in the shell of your house. Typically this is the least expensive work and gives the greatest return on your dollar. Sealing means plugging holes in your attic and crawl space.
- Attic access stairs.
- Can lights going into the attic.
- Chases running between walls.
- Bonus room knee walls.
- Holes in the ground floor into your crawl space where plumbing pipes or electrical wires are run.
- Doors and windows.
Removing these gaps in the shell of your home would be like closing 2 wide open windows that were permanently open.
2. Insulation Issues. Your attic and crawl space are the biggest culprits and the easiest to improve on. Bonus room knee walls can also be a major issue. Typically, blown insulation in the attic is the easiest improvement, but properly sealing the attic first will more than double the efficiency of the insulation improvements.
3. Duct sealing. We have seen completely disconnected ducts blowing conditioned air into attics or crawl spaces or pulling air from these areas into the house. This can be a huge health issue as well as a energy wasting issue. A simple pressurization test of your heating and air conditioning system can show were we can drastically improve the effectiveness of the system.