Building Energy Pros is committed to maintaining your privacy on the Internet and protecting your personally identifiable information (pii) in the same fashion we protect our employees and company information.
We collect the following pii that you affirmatively and voluntarily provide to us in connection with access to the public and/or private sections of our Web Site:
- Your name
- Your e-mail address
- Your address
- The scope and nature of the project you are inquiring about including but not limited to its budget
- Your phone number
- Your fax number
- Your cell phone number
- Any additional information that you provide in connection with your browsing experience on our Web Site.
We adhere to the following privacy policies:
- Building Energy Pros collects your pii only with your informed consent.
- Building Energy Pros uses your pii for personalization, identification, communication and in the conduct of business at your request.
- Building Energy Pros does not sell or distribute your pii without your express consent provided however that by requesting a matching list of contractors or energy auditors you hereby consent to disclosure of such elements of pii necessary to permit such a matching of needs and capabilities.
- You always have the right to request that your pii be removed by contacting us directly.
- Building Energy Pros complies with industry standards for protecting the privacy and personal information of the users of our Web site. Building Energy Pros internally reviews our compliance with these standards on a periodic basis.
- At times, Building Energy Pros asks for your email and other contact information in We train all employees in the aspects of maintaining privacy. Further, we ensure that the tools necessary for maintaining such privacy are available.
- The Web is based on hypertext links. It is what makes the Web so useful for communicating information. Often, Building Energy Pros will provide links to Web site's of persons and companies outside of Building Energy Pros control. We are not responsible for the content, privacy policies and procedures maintained by these external sites, including whether they collect and sell pii. We suggest contacting these sites directly for information on their data collection, storage and disclosure policies.
- Though Building Energy Pros makes every effort to preserve user privacy, Building Energy Pros may need to disclose pii when required by law wherein the it has a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current administrative or judicial proceeding, a civil or criminal subpoena or court order or legal process served on our Web site. When commercially feasible, we will provide you with notice of such request for information collected from our Web site.
Ways to protect your privacy
- Never share your Building Energy Pros account number, logins or passwords with anyone who you don't want accessing your account.
- Use caution in sharing your email address, or other personal information, in our chat rooms and on our message boards. Know that Building Energy Pros chat rooms and message boards are generally viewable by the public, unless otherwise noted, and any information posted within these areas may be retrieved by persons unknown to Building Energy Pros. If you have any concerns or doubts about posting information to any of our chat or message boards, please contact us prior to doing so. Messages posted on our message boards can not be removed unless specifically requested of Building Energy Pros.
- Building Energy Pros may record by telephone the dialogue of chat with consumers, contractors, energy auditors and message boards to review the quality of a call for customer satisfaction purposes. These recorded phone call will also be available to persons who missed an event or call or do not have access to that resource.
We were unaware of what was involved in an energy audit and your audior took the time to explain everything. We were impressed with the report which told us the areas in which we need to take action on. He never pressured us to use any particular contractors, he just suggested that we go to the Building Energy Pros web site to select contractors of our own choice. He did an excellent job and we HIGHLY recommend the Building Energy Pros. We already have recommended them to several of our neighbors. Again, EXCELLENT JOB!
The Building Energy Pros auditor was very knowledgeable. I was VERY HAPPY with him. He promptly E-mailed my energy audit report to me and I will consider all of his recommendations.
We found out that our house really has no energy problems. We are happy to know that we
I was very satisfied with your energy auditor. He was very qualified and spent a great deal of time with me. The energy audit was very informative.
The energy auditor was very good and helpful. He keeps in touch with me to answer any of my questions.
I was very satisfied with my energy audit. The auditor gave me some tips on attic insulation that were very helpful.
I was very satisfied with my energy audit. Thank you!
Very good service! I am going to replace the windows as the auditor had suggested.
I was very happy with the energy audit. THANKS!
My energy audit was very helpful. Joe Dempsey, your auditor, identified some structural problems that I was not aware of and explained to me why I need more insulation.
The auditor was EXCELLENT! He spent ALOT of time with me. I am going to take 3 to 4 of his suggestions and correct these small items to save on my energy bills.
The auditor did a GREAT JOB! He knew a lot about older homes, which we have. The report was very comprehensive. Thank you!
Your energy auditor was very nice and helpful. He answered all of our questions. We will recommend Building Energy Pros to our friends and neighbors.
The auditor did a TERRIFIC JOB! The report was FANTASTIC! I will make all the repairs he suggested. I will definitely recommend him to everyone I know that could benefit from a home energy audit.
Steve Sleigh, Chevy Chase
The energy auditor was very professional and I am very satisfied with both the energy audit and the report I received. I will be referring the Building Energy Pros.
I was very satisfied with the auditor. He was great and gave me some very valuable information. I will refer him to people I know who may need a home energy audit.
Your home energy audit proved to be very informative and helpful. I was not aware of the updraft created inside our walls because of the balloon framing construction. You said that that can cause heat to be pulled out of the house with the draft going up inside the walls and should be re-mediated. You also said that the attic insulation was insufficient and that fiberglass batts can leave spaces for around the edges causing heat loss and that it should have blown in insulation on top of what was there to seal the whole attic and increase the r factor. After going over your findings and telling me how you would fix the problems you told me how I could do it myself with stuff from the Home Center and for a quarter of the cost. Well, I did. I went into the basement and filled the bottom of the wall joist with unfaced insulation where they set on the sill plate. I then cut one inch foam board the size for each space and set it in and the sealed the edges of that with expanding foam as well as the sill plate to the foundation. I also sealed the sill plate to the foundation where the joist ran along it, as well as the top of those joist where it made contact with the subflooring. Next I went to the home center and rented their blown insulation machine and got ten bales of the insulation. I filled the attic on top of the batt insulation with about six inches giving another r-19 factor on top of the r-19 that was there. You said that the blown in would also help seal the heat loss around the edges of the batt. The work in the basement cost $144.00 and the work in the attic cost $328.00. After the 30% federal energy tax credit it will end up costing me about $330.00, which you said I should recover in savings in the first year. Thank You for all your advice and expertise. You made me aware of things I should consider and did.